Which aspect of pronunciation is the hardest to teach?

Number of replies: 105
Which aspect of pronunciation is the hardest to teach? Why?
In reply to First post

Re: Which aspect of pronunciation is the hardest to teach?

by Lương Thị Lê 053 -
iI think that the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is intonation. As we know that the rises and falls in tone that make the tune of an utterance, it often making a diference to meaning or implication.
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Ky 083 -
the stress in three -or more syllable words. because i find it difficult to identify the rules of pronunciation
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Net 039 -
the hardest to teach pronunciation is the stress .In three or more syllable words
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hải 087 -
I think that Stress is the hardest to teach because it has too many rules relating to stress. Most of the students have difficulties in remembering them.
In reply to First post

by Ngo Thi Hoai 009 -
I think the hardest to teach is two similar sounds. It is so difficult to tell the difference of two sounds from two words for example: sheep and ship. The students have difficulty when they read these words in a sentence.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Khánh Hoà 047 -
I think the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress. Especially , the stress in three or more syllable words. It has too many rules relating to stress and it's too difficult for the students to remember.
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Van 063 -
I think that vowels can actually be the most complicated aspect of English pronunciation to teach because there are 20 vowel sounds. This makes students find difficult to remember and to learn.
In reply to First post

by Trịnh Thị Mai Dung 042 -
It's stress because when you put stress in different places, the meaning of words will be different
In reply to First post

by Pham Thi Huong Sen 073 -
I think the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress, especially stress in three or more syllable words . It is difficult for students to learn and remember.
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Thu Thanh 065 -
I think intonation is the hardest because it is dificult to hear tunes
In reply to First post

by Hoàng Thị Phương Thuỷ 022 -
I believe it's stress. The explanation for this is that it's challege to teach how to put the stress correctly and read these words correctly. If you put wrong stress, you cannot read words correctly so people may misunderstand. And it's hard to listen others.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Hoai 060 -
iI think that the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Thu Hà 032 -
I think the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress ,it is difficult for students to learn.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hạnh 040 -
the hardest to teach pronunciation is stress in three or more syllable words because it is difficult to remember the rules to pronounce them
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Hoai 027 -
I think that Stress is the hardest to teach because it has too many rules relating to stress. Most of the students have difficulties to remember them such as part of speech, rules,...
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Hoà 038 -
I think that Stress is the hardest to teach because it has too many rules relating to stress. Most of the students have difficulties in remembering them.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hồng 041 -
The hardest to teach pronunciation is the stress .In three or more syllable words
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Nguyệt 061 -
In my opinion, the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress. There are many rules to teach how to pronounce, so students are difficult to remember.
In reply to First post

by Dao Thi Ngoc Thuy 066 -
stress in words expecially in three or more syllable words. and stress in sentences because when we speak we use the sentences , at that time stress also makes the different meaning of speaker
In reply to First post

by Chu Sỹ Anh 028 -
In my opinion, the stress is hardest because in some words there are many syllabaries and we don't know where the stressed syllabary
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị Thanh 016 -
It's stress because when you put incorrect stress, it will change the meaning of words.
In reply to Đinh Thị Thanh 016

by Đinh Thị Thanh 016 -
It's stress because when you put incorrect stress, it will change the meaning of words.
In reply to First post

by Chu Thị Thanh Thủy 037 -
I think the stress ís the hardest to teach because there are too many rules related to . Students are difficult to remember
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 026 -
I think the hardest to teach is two similar sounds. It is so difficult to tell the difference of two sounds from two words for example: sheep and ship. The students have difficulty when they read these words in a sentence.
In reply to First post

by nguyễn thị thanh Loan 029 -
I think accent is the most challenging aspect to teach because accent is a nearly unchangeable aspect in mother tongue and it affects L2 very much.
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị May 014 -
The English use intonation to show meaning.The rules of English stress are simple to learn, but impossible to see on the written page. If a learner of English is misunderstand, it is lead to misplace stress – for this reason stress is perhaps the most important aspect and hardest to teach.
In reply to First post

by Đào Thị Hải 033 -
I think that the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is intonation. As we know that the rises and falls in tone that make the tune of an utterance, it often making a diference to meaning or implication.
In reply to First post

by Hoang Thi Lam 031 -
For me, vowels can actually be the most complicated aspects of English pronunciation to teach. The reasons which I show below will help you know more about it.
Firstly, the English language has 44 sounds, 20 of which are vowel sounds. And you know that different letters make different sounds, of course how to produce those sounds with your mouth, tongue, teeth and throat , up and down , etc...
Further more, we have to remember some main vowel problem areas: spelling patterns for long and short vowels
In reply to First post

by Đặng Thị Thủy 076 -
I think the stress is the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach because there are too many rules ,especially , the stress in three or more syllable words.So students are difficult to remember.
In reply to First post

by Ông Thị Thúy Hiền 020 -
I think that vowels can actually be most complicated aspect of English pronunciation to learn and to teach
In reply to First post

by Trần thị hoà 019 -
The hardest aspects to teach students are stress,ending sounds and intonation. We use them flexibly in exercises,but it is hard their rules into practice.
In reply to First post

by Mai Đinh -
In reply to Mai Đinh

by Phạm Xuân Tiến 056 -
the hardest to teach pronunciation is the stress .In three or more syllable words
In reply to First post

by ĐINH THỊ THU HIỀN 018 -
I think stress is the hardest to teach.Expecially,in three or more syllable words
In reply to First post

by Hoang Van Quy 049 -
The stress is the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach because It has too many rules ,especially , the words have more 3 syllables
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Bích Liên 071 -
i think that the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach because It has too many rules. Specially that the words have more 3 syllables
In reply to First post

by Hồ Thị Thương 051 -
I think that the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is intonation and the sound exactly
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hồng Thuý 005 -
I think stress word and intonation because Vietnamese students are used to using their mother tongue.
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Loc 093 -
I think stress word and intonation are the hardest to teach because there are too many rules ,especially , the stress in three or more syllable words. So students are difficult to remember.
In reply to First post

by Trần thị bích liên 013 -
The stress which more syllable words.ex two , ,three or four...because it difficult to find the rule of pronunciation
In reply to Trần thị bích liên 013

by Trần Quốc Nhâm 052 -
Tôi thấy khía cạnh khó dạy nhất của phát âm là dạy trọng âm của từ vì trong từ vững có nhiều âm tiết nếu dạy không đúng trọng âm và đọc sai trọng âm của từ thì sẽ dẫn đến việc học sinh khi ghép từ vào cấu trúc câu và sẽ đọc sai ngữ điệu của câu. Hơn thế nữa nếu đem câu sai ngữ điệu đó áp dụng vào giao tiếp sẽ làm khó khăn cho người nghe và người nói cũng giao tiếp không đươc lưu loát, có lúc còn có thể làm cho người nghe hiểu không chính xác về ý mà mình muốn nói ra . Do vậy theo ý tôi dạy trọng âm là khó nhất phải không các bạn? xin cảm ơn
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Chiên 012 -
I think that the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress because it has many rules and syllable words.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Mai 011 -
Of all aspects of pronunciation, I think stress is the hardest. There are many stress rules but there are also exceptions. Besides, one word can have different stress places when it is both a noun and a verb.
In reply to First post

by Ho Thi Thang 034 -
I think stress word and intonation . Because vietnamese students are used to using their mother tongue
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị Hồng Hong 010 -
I think that the hardest of aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress because of the stress in three or more syllable words. It has too many rules relating to stress and it's too difficult for the students to remember and when you put stress in different places, the meaning of words will be different
In reply to First post

by Đoàn Công Lý 090 -
stress; there are a number of rules but they are not true with some words in different functions
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 099 -
I think the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress with three of four syllable words because most students find it difficult to remember the rule of pronunciation.
In reply to First post

by Minh VoThiHong -
I think the hardest to teach pronunciation is the stress, in three or more syllable words
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Thuy Dung 021 -
I think stress is the hardest aspect when we teach in pronunciation. Not only regular rules, but there are also some exceptions which students can't remember all.
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Hai Yen 068 -
Joining.
Aside from the sounds of English, it is important to join everything together correctly. English has various ways of joining words: assimilation (2 sounds change each other), elision (one sound disappears), vowel + vowel joining (we add a /r/, /j/ or /w/ between the sounds) and consonant + vowel joining (a consonant joins the next syllable). Sometimes these are rather bizarre – in the sentence ‘law and order’ only one /r/ would be pronounced – between ‘law_r_and’ – even though it is spelt with a ‘w’.
In reply to First post

by Thu Trang Hoang -
It is difficult to teach the endings
In reply to First post

by ĐINH THỊ THU HIỀN 018 -
I think stress is the hardest to teach.Expecially,in three or more syllable words.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thị Hong Tam 082 -
I suppose that Students find it difficult to identify the differences between two similar sounds. when they pronounce them wrongly, it is impossible for listeners to understand what they want to say.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thuỷ 086 -
I find it difficult to teach intonation because of my local voice. Moreover, I feel teaching stress is not simple because different stress creates different meaning and some irregular stress. This sometime makes the learners confused.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Bích Phương 030 -
As far as I'm concerned, vowels can actually be the most complicated aspect of English pronunciation to learn and to teach. Each vowel has two forms: short sound and long sound. In addition, it is difficult to explain to students the different vowel sounds when two vowel sounds glide together (called a diphthong). Especially, when two words have the same pronunciation with the different meaning, the teacher need to teach your students to make the distinction both in speaking and listening through the difference of the movement of the mouth, tongue, lips.
In reply to First post

by Ha Thi Hai Van 070 -
for me, It's some vowels , and consonants , Students have difficulty in producing the sounds correctly
In reply to First post

Trả lời: Which aspect of pronunciation is the hardest to teach?

by Trần Chí Hoàng 077 -
the hardest pronunciation is the stress : from three to more...
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Ngoc Nhung 004 -
I think the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress, especially stress in three or more syllable words . It is difficult for students to learn and remember.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Lữ 001 -
It's stress because when you put stress in different places, the meaning of words will be different
In reply to First post

by Minh VoThiHong -
The hardest to teach pronunciation is the stress .In three or more syllable words
In reply to First post

by Trương Thị Chuyên 094 -
I think that vowels can actually be the hardest to teach because they are too difficult for students to remember their various forms.
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Nguyệt 097 -
I think that Stress is the hardest to teach , especially stress in three or more syllable words . It is difficult for students to learn and remember.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn văn Thành 089 -
I think that Stress is the hardest to teach because We are not native speakers. Most of the students have difficulties in it.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Quyen 096 -
i think the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress . it is difficut for students to read. sthey can not recognize the stess in 2,3,0r 4 syabe
In reply to First post

by Đường Hải Dung 072 -
I think that Stress is the hardest to teach because it has too many rules, so Ss often confuse between the rule of regular and irregular words
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thảo 067 -
In my opinion, the most difficulty in teaching pronunciation is stress.both teacher and students find difficult in determining stress when they pronounce a word or speak a sentence
In reply to First post

by Xa Thi Xuan 100 -
Stress and intonation, because we know that the rises and falls in tone that make the tune of an utterance, it often making a diference to meaning or implication.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Thu Hien 080 -
I think it is stress. Because it is very difficult for learners to learn and remember
In reply to First post

by NGUYỄN THỊ MINH HẢI 017 -
In my opinion, the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress. Especially , the stress in three or more syllable words. It has too many rules relating to stress and it's too difficult for the students to remember.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Thuy 084 -
i think that the intonation is the hardest to taech.Quite clearly intonation is an important aspect of pronunciation. It's important to make the students aware of this fact and get them to try intonation activities to help them become better at hearing and producing different intonation patterns.
In reply to First post

by Trinh Thi Hoa Lê 050 -
I think that the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is intonation and it is difficult to hear tunesnd .
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Hoai Thanh 064 -
For me I think the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress, especially stress in three or more syllable words . It is difficult for students to identify the rules.
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Hoài Thu 078 -
In my opinion,The stress of Presentation is the hardest to teach because there are rules
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Hoài Thu 078 -
In my opinion,The stress of pronunciation is the hardest to teach because there are rules
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Thanh Sương 075 -
Quite clearly, pronunciation is both incredibly complex and an important area for teaching and learning. Vowels can actually be the most complicated aspect of English pronunciation to learn and to teach.
In reply to First post

by Lê Thị Thu 069 -
Some Language teachers don’t have a good accent/pronunciation themselves so they sometimes neglect this part. Therefore, students aren't interested in the pronunciation lessons and when they aren't eager to learn, everything seems difficult to teach.
In reply to First post

by Bui Bich Dao 045 -
Vowel can be the most complicated aspect of pronunciation to teach
In reply to First post

by Vo Thi Thu Ha 074 -
I think that Ending sounds are the hardest to teach because We are not native speakers. Most of the students have difficulties in pronoucing them
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 091 -
I think the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress because there are too many rules of stress and there are also too many exceptions.
In reply to First post

by Trương thị Hiền 002 -
It can be quite difficult to learn a new language. so What do you think are the most difficult aspects of pronunciation a language?
I think that difficulty of learning a language varies from language to language. There are some languages that may be familiar with learner’s own language. So, that will be easier to learn that language. But of course there are also languages that is hard to study. I think that the most difficult parts of a language are pronunciation . In my opinion the hardest part is pronunciation and is intonation and only ending sounds, because in vietnamese language don't have ending sound.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Huyen 095 -
in my view, sentence stress is the most chalening to teach pronunciation because some students having local voice, especially the people in middle areas of Viet Nam. and it's impossible to perfect their pronunciation
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Trung Thành 036 -
Show parent
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Hải Hùng 058 -
I think that Stress is the hardest to teach because it has too many rules relating to stress. Most of the students have difficulties to remember them such as part of speech and rules.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Huệ 098 -
Some vowels or consonants that our mother tongue doesn't have. They cause a lot of difficulties for not only students but teachers as well.
In reply to First post

by Phan Khac Dong 079 -
Pronunciation can be one of the most difficult parts for a language learner to master and one of the least favorite topics for teachers to address in the classroom. But, I think the hardest is stress.
In reply to First post

by Phan Thi Trang 023 -
For me, intonation is an important aspect of pronunciation that is harsdest to teach. Many non-native English speakers have problems recognizing and using the different intonation patterns in English. For an instructor, it’s crucial to raise the learners’ awareness of intonation because it performs a function, as well as indicating an emotion. It's also related to stress and rhythm that depend on the contexts. This requires students to understand and distinguish each conten so that they can know what emotion need to be used in this contexts. The teacher has to make students aware of this fact and get them to try intonation activities to help them become better at hearing and producing different intonation patterns.
In reply to First post

by Lê Văn Thắng 088 -
I think that Stress is the hardest to teach because it has too many rules relating to stress. Most of the students have difficulties to remember them such as part of speech and rules
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thùy Dung 003 -
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 026 -
iI think that the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress
In reply to First post

by Trần Lệ Hà 057 -
I think helping Ss know the stress of a word is very difficult because they can't pronounce the word correctly and hey don't know how many syllables the word has.
In reply to First post

by Dao Thi Ngoc Thuy 066 -
stress and intonation in sentences because they have rules in the different words and contents
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thảo 067 -
Pronunciation is one of the most important in learning foregn language.it helps the learners determine the sound which is pronounced correct or incorrect.
So i think that stress and intonation seem to be difficult in teaching pronunciation.it is the most difficult aspect that most of the teacher and students are not interested in
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thị Hong Tam 082 -
For me, intonation is an important aspect of pronunciation that is harsdest to teach. Many non-native English speakers have problems recognizing and using the different intonation patterns in English. For an instructor, it’s crucial to raise the learners’ awareness of intonation because it performs a function, as well as indicating an emotion. It's also related to stress and rhythm that depend on the contexts. This requires students to understand and distinguish each conten so that they can know what emotion need to be used in this contexts. The teacher has to make students aware of this fact and get them to try intonation activities to help them become better at hearing and producing different intonation patterns.
In reply to First post

by Ngô Thị Khánh Hòa 024 -
I think that Stress is the hardest to teach because it has too many rules relating to stress.
In reply to First post

by Nguyên Công Cần 44 -
I think the hardest aspect of pronunciation to teach is stress