Implicit vs. Explicit vocabulary learning

Number of replies: 101
Should more emphasis be given to explicit or implicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level? At more advanced levels? Why do you think so?
In reply to First post

Re: Implicit vs. Explicit vocabulary learning

by Ngo Thi Hoai 009 -
In my opinion, At the beginning level we should more emphasis be given to implicit vocabulary learning and explicit vocabulary learningat more advanced levels. The first reason is the begining learners can learn words naturally and easily. They are attracted by images and videos they can find vocabulary and remember. At more advanced levels, They often learn vocabulary through a paragraph, an essay. From that they can find a lot of meaning of vacabulary which depends on the context.
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Thu Thanh 065 -
I think we should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at te beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the beginning learners should learn simple words. At more advanced levels, they can learn complex words. So they can reason the meaning of vocabulary through the context.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thanh Hải 059 -
For me,We should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because the beg inning learners only learn simple words. At more advanced levels, they have learned complex words, so they can reason the meaning of the words through the context.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hải 087 -
I think, More emphasis should be given to explicit or implicit vocabulary learning both at the begining level and at more advanced levels. Because this method can help students learn vocabulary effectively through different techniques such as giving definitions, using collocations , etc. As a result, students ' reading skill will be better and better.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hạnh 040 -
I think we should more emphasis be given to explicit at the beginning level because at the beginning, learners learn the simple words; and we should more emphasis be given implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because at the levels, leaners learn complex words. So they can find the meaning of vocabulary through the context.
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Hoà 038 -
In my opinion, At the beginning level we should more emphasis be given to implicit vocabulary learning and explicit vocabulary learningat more advanced levels. The first reason is the begining learners can learn words naturally and easily. They are attracted by images and videos they can find vocabulary and remember. At more advanced levels, They often learn vocabulary through a paragraph, an essay. From that they can find a lot of meaning of vacabulary which depends on the context.
In reply to First post

by Lương Thị Lê 053 -
In my opinion, we should more emphasis be given to explicit because learners learn the simple words at the beginning levels; and we should more emphasis be given implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because at the levels, leaners learn complex words.
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Van 063 -
For me, we should emphasis be given to explicit at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the begining learners are at low level of English, so expliciting vocabulary will help them understand new words easily and learn words naturally. At more advanced levels, they can learn complex words in context and understand word phrases in context.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Khánh Hoà 047 -
For me , We should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the beginning learners can learn words naturally and easily.Explicit learning is associated with learning vocabulary „out of context', e.g. from word lists. But it can also occur „in context', for example when we look up words in the dictionary while reading, or review new words in a text after reading and note down their meanings. But at more advance levels , they can learn vocabulary through a paragraph, an essay . Implicit learning is associated with learning vocabulary „in context', e.g. when we learn words while reading or listening without paying special attention to them.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hồng 041 -
I think we should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at te beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the beginning learners should learn simple words. At more advanced levels, they can learn complex words. So they can reason the meaning of vocabulary through the context.
In reply to First post

by Chu Sỹ Anh 028 -
In my opinion, at the beginning level explicit vocabulary should be given. because students at this level start learning English, so they should learn explicit words.
At more advanced levels, implicit vocabulary should be given, because they have already known many words and understood the contents, so they can guess the meaning of the words while reading.
In reply to Chu Sỹ Anh 028

by Phạm Xuân Tiến 056 -
In my opinion, we should more emphasis be given to explicit because learners learn the simple words at the beginning levels; and we should more emphasis be given implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because at the levels, leaners learn complex words.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Nguyệt 061 -
In my opinion, we should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at the advanced levels because the beginning learners only learn simple and easy words, the advanced learners can learn more complex words through paragraphs and contexts
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Hoai 060 -
In my opinion,We should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because the beg inning learners only learn simple words. At more advanced levels, they have learned complex words, so they can reason the meaning of the words through the context.
In reply to First post

by Chu Thị Thanh Thủy 037 -
I think more emphasis should be given to explicit at the beginning level because the beginning learners should learn simple words. At more advanced levels, they can learn complex words and they can deduce the meaning of vocabulary through the context.
In reply to First post

by Dao Thi Ngoc Thuy 066 -
I think that more emphasis should be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the begining , because they are the beginers but emphasis should be given to implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels . At more advanced levels, Students get amount of vocabularies so as to guess and to understand the content of sentences
In reply to First post

by Hoang Thi Lam 031 -
The topic we discuss today is about implicit and explicit vocabulary for beginning level and advanced levels. Firstly, I would like to make clearly about two words: explicit means some thing is made clear and stated plaily, while implicit means something is implied but not stated directly. Continuing this topic, we altogether solve the problem should we teach impicit or explicit for beginning level and advanced levels.
According to me, at the beginning level we should teach explicit words because these words are clear and easy to understand. And for advanced level we should teach implicit words , the reason I say this because the students at this level had a lot of words through essays or passages of course they get familiar with difficult ad complicated words. Further more, advanced level know the ways to remember new words easily.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Hoai 027 -
I think that At the beginning level we should more emphasis be given to implicit vocabulary learning and explicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. The first reason is the beginning learners can learn words naturally and easily. They are attracted by images and videos they can find vocabulary and remember. At more advanced levels, They often learn more vocabularies and its meaning through a paragraph, an essay, a letter,...depends on the context of the lesson.
In reply to First post

by Đào Thị Hải 033 -
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 026 -
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Bích Liên 071 -
For me , at the beginning level we should more emphasis be given to implicit vocabulary learning and explicit vocabulary learningat more advanced levels. The first , it is the begining learners can learn words naturally and easily. They are attracted by images and videos they can find vocabulary and remember. At more advanced levels, They often learn vocabulary through a paragraph, an essay. specially that they can find a lot of meaning of vacabulary which depends on the context.
In reply to First post

by Ông Thị Thúy Hiền 020 -
I think vocabulary learning is central and dominant in language acquisition and crucial to the learner overall language acquisition. One of significant reason of the view is learner encounter difficult with text and reading.
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Loc 093 -
In my opinion, at the beginning level we should teach explicit words because these words are clear and easy to understand. And for advanced level we should teach implicit words because at this level the students have a lot of words through essays or passages and they often learn vocabulary through paragraphs and essays. Specially, they can find a lot of meaning of vacabulary which depends on the context.
In reply to First post

by nguyễn thị thanh Loan 029 -
I think we should more emphasis be given to explicit because learners learn the simple words at the beginning levels; and we should more emphasis be given implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because at the levels, leaners learn complex words.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 099 -
At the beginning level we should more emphasis be given explict vocabulary because the beginning learners only learn the simple words . Whereas at more advanced levels they can learn complicated words from passages and guess the meaning of words through the context.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hồng Thuý 005 -
In my opinion, at the beginning level we should teach explicit vocabulary because they are clear and easy to understand. At more advanced levels, we should teach implicit vocabulary should be given, because students have already known many words and understood the contents, so they can guess the meaning of the words while reading and listening.
In reply to First post

by Ninh Thị Hạnh Phương 007 -
I think at the beginning level we should more emphasis be given to implicit vocabulary learning and explicit vocabulary at more advanced levels because the beginning learners can learn simple words. At more advanced levels , they have learned vocabulary through a paragraph,an essay so they can guess meaning of the words while reading.
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị Thanh 016 -
In my opinion,We should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because the beg inning learners only learn simple words. At more advanced levels, they have learned complex words, so they can reason the meaning of the words through the context.
In reply to Đinh Thị Thanh 016

by Đinh Thị Thanh 016 -
In my opinion, We should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because the beginning learners only learn simple words. At more advanced levels, they have learned complex words, so they can reason the meaning of the words through the context.
In reply to First post

by Đoàn Công Lý 090 -
We should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the beginning learners should learn simple words. At more advanced levels, they can learn complex words. So they can reason the meaning of vocabulary through the context.
In reply to First post

by Lê Văn Thắng 088 -
From my point of view we should more emphasis be given to explicit at the beginning level because at the beginning, learners learn the simple words; and we should more emphasis be given implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because at the levels, leaners learn complex words. So they can find the meaning of vocabulary through the context.
In reply to First post

by Trần thị hoà 019 -
I think we should more emphasis be given to explicit at the beginning level due to the fact that the students who have just learnt a new language are the
beginners.therefore,they need a method which can help them remember easily and effectively.and at more advanced levels,when the learners all get used to with the simple words and have more knowledge, implicit words will be much suitable than the explicit ones.
In reply to First post

by Pham Thi Huong Sen 073 -
I think more emphasis should be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because the beginning learners will learn simple words. At more advanced levels, they will learn complex words from the passages and guess the meaning through the context.
In reply to Pham Thi Huong Sen 073

by Trần Quốc Nhâm 052 -
Tôi nghi rằng chúng ta cần dạy từ vững rõ ràng cho người mới học ở giai đoạn đầu, song người dạy phải chọn phương pháp sao cho phù hợp để học sinh dể hiểu.đễ tiếp thu, đên khi người học đã có vốn từ vững tương đối thì dạy từ vững ẩn ý để phát triển năng lực tư duy cuả người học. Tuy nhiên trong quá trình dạy từ chúng ta cũng nên biết lồng ghép các phương pháp khác nhau tùy vào tình huống cụ thể trên lơp, từng vùng miền... để dạy từ đó và đặt nó vào trong ngữ cảnh hoặc cấu trúc đơn giản để học sinh ghép và sử dụng từ mà các em vừa học được để nói . Khi đó từ vùa học mới sống và nó sẽ giúp hóc sinh nhớ từ đó lâu hơn và chúng ta không nên dạy từ rời rạc phải không các đồng nghiệp .
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Huệ 098 -
To me, implicit and explicit vocabulary learning should be give at the beginning level because young learners are easy to perceive the language naturally compared to adults.
In reply to First post

by Trần thị bích liên 013 -
In my opinion, emphasic should be given to explicit at the beginning level because this method help students learn vocabulary effectivelly through techniques.
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị May 014 -
Explicit describes something that is very clear and without vagueness . Implicit often functions as the opposite, referring to something that is understood, but not described clearly or directly, and often using implication. so , we should to give to explicit at the beginning level.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Lữ 001 -
In reply to First post

by Đặng Thị Thủy 076 -
In my opinion, at the beginning level explicit vocabulary should be given because students at this level start learning English, so they should learn simple words.
At more advanced levels, implicit vocabulary should be given because students get amount of vocabularies so as to guess and to understand the content of sentences.
In reply to First post

by ĐINH THỊ THU HIỀN 018 -
In my opinion,more emphasis should be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit at the advanced levels.Because the beginning learners should learn simple Words.Whereas at more advanced levels, they often learn vocabulary through paragraphs, essays so they can guess the meaning of words by depending on the context.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thùy Dung 003 -
In my opinion, we should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at the advanced levels because the beginning learners only learn simple and easy words, the advanced learners can learn more complex words through paragraphs and contexts.
In reply to First post

by Trương Thị Chuyên 094 -
As far as I am concerned , the aim of teaching a language is to focus on the accuracy and fluency, so explicit and implicit vocabulary learning should be emphasised at both levels.
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị Hồng Hong 010 -
The first, it is the beginning learners can learn words naturally and easily. They are attracted by images and videos they can find vocabulary and remember. At more advanced levels, They often learn vocabulary through a paragraph, an essay. especially that they can find a lot of meaning of vocabulary which depends on the context. I think the students at this level had a lot of words through essays or passages of course they get familiar with difficult ad complicated words. Furthermore, the advanced level knows the ways to remember new words easily.
In reply to First post

by Thái Thị Hạnh 054 -
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thuỷ 086 -
In my opinion, we should give more explicit to vocabulary learning at the beginning level because at this level, the learner has few vocabulary. And more emphasis should be given to implicit vocabulary learning at the advanced levels. This help the learner recall the words that have been learned.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thị Hong Tam 082 -
I think that implicit vocabulary learning should be applied more at the beginning level because the children have better ability in absorbing vocabulary naturally throught video, audio or picture. At more advanced levels, explicit vocabulary should more emphasis because when they study actively and have aims, they can get a large number of new words from paragraphs, essays, articles or reports academically.
In reply to Nguyen Thị Hong Tam 082

by Nguyen Thị Hong Tam 082 -
I think that Explicit vocabulary learning should be applied more at the beginning level because the children have better ability in absorbing vocabulary naturally through video, audio or picture. At more advanced levels, implicit vocabulary should more emphasis because when they study actively and have aims, they can get a large number of new words from paragraphs, essays, articles or reports academically.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Bích Phương 030 -
In my point of view, teachers should give more emphasis to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level because the beginners need to start from clearly simple things to complicated ones. Explicit teaching is probably essential for the most frequent words of any second language. The learning of these basic words can not be left to chance, but should be taught as quickly as possible, because they open the door to further learning. However, to the learners at more advanced levels, we can combine both implicit vocabulary Instruction and explicit one in their teaching. It is believed that both explicit and implicit learning contributes to vocabulary development. Thus, vocabulary learning is most components of a language which helps learners to understand the text and can express the meanings.
In reply to First post

by Lê Văn Thắng 088 -
In reply to First post

by Trịnh Thị Mai Dung 042 -
In my opinion, we should give more emphasis vocabulary at the beginning leveland explicit vocabulary at more advanced levels. Because the begining learners learnsimple words . They learn words naturally through songs or animation movies. At more advanced levels, they often learn vocabulary through a conversation, reprts.... From that they can find a lot of meaning of vocabulary depending on the context.
In reply to First post

by Minh VoThiHong -
I think, More emphasis should be given to explicit or implicit vocabulary learning both at the begining level and at more advanced levels. Because this method can help students learn vocabulary effectively through different techniques such as giving definitions, using collocations , etc. As a result, students ' reading skill will be better and better.
In reply to First post

by Trần Chí Hoàng 077 -
I think at the beginning level we should teach explicit and implicit vovabulary because these word make students think of them more and clear, easy to learn. And for advanced level we should teach implicit words because at this level the students have a lot of word
In reply to First post

by NGUYỄN THỊ MINH HẢI 017 -
I think that more emphasis should be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the begining , because they are the beginers but emphasis should be given to implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels . At more advanced levels, Students get amount of vocabularies so as to guess and to understand the content of sentences
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Thuy 084 -
In my opinion, we should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at te beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the beginning learners should learn simple words.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Thu Hien 080 -
I think that we should be given both of implicit and explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning and advanced level. we can use implicit vocabulary learning at the beginning levels when they learn simple words. It helps them to improve their contiguity . We give explicit vocabulary learning at the advanced levels when they learn complex words
In reply to First post

by Xa Thi Xuan 100 -
As for me , we should emphasis be given to explicit at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the begining learners are at low level of English, so expliciting vocabulary will help them understand new words easily and learn words naturally.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Ngoc Nhung 004 -
In my opinion, At the beginning level we should more emphasis be given to implicit vocabulary learning and explicit vocabulary learningat more advanced levels. The first reason is the begining learners can learn words naturally and easily. They are attracted by images and videos they can find vocabulary and remember. At more advanced levels, They often learn vocabulary through a paragraph, an essay. From that they can find a lot of meaning of vacabulary which depends on the context and they have already known many words and understood the contents, so they can guess the meaning of the words while reading.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Quyen 096 -
i think at the beginning eve we shoud expecit vocabuary more advanced eve becuase the beginning earners can remember esiy by pictures, actions,gestures........simpe words. at more advanced eve they shoud earn more compex words
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Hai Yen 068 -
From my perspective, Implicit vocabulary learning should be more emphasized at the beginning levels and explicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Low-level learners will learn words and phrases effortlessly and use them naturally. This would facilitate their communication skills after. More advanced level students will emphasise explicit learning to enhance their vocabulary and meet their needs, namely professional or personal fields.
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Thanh Sương 075 -
Vocabulary is something that students must own. Giving students many chances to understand and use words will change the way they look at words, and open their understanding of new, rich complex text. We should teach explicit vocabulary to students at the beginning level. Because Explicit teaching of vocabulary enables a teacher to also build strategies within students to attack vocabulary acquisition. We should teach implicit vocabulary to students at more advanced levels. Because vocabulary that is taught implicitly should be taught naturally, without separate instruction, unlike beginning level.
In reply to First post

by Lê Thị Giang 006 -
I think at the beginning level we should teach explicit vocabularies because they are clear and easy. At more advanced levels we should teach implicit vocabularies because learners lear complex words.
In reply to First post

by Trần Chí Hoàng 077 -
I think explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level is good way for new learners because it is easy to understand, At more advanced levels, implicit vocabulary should be given, because they have already known many words and understood the contents
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Hoai Thanh 064 -
For me, I think we should emphasis be given to explicit at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the begining learners are at low level of English, so expliciting vocabulary will help them easily understand new words and learn words naturally. At more advanced levels, they can learn complex words in context.
In reply to First post

by Hoang Van Quy 049 -
We should teach explicit vocabularies at the beginning level because they are clear, easy and effective. At higher levels we should teach implicit vocabularies.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn văn Thành 089 -
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn văn Thành 089 -
In reply to First post

by Phan Thi Trang 023 -
In my opinion, more emphasis should be more given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels because some of reasons. Firstly, students at beginning level might find difficulties at understanding new words in different contexts. So explicit vocabulary learning will be easy way for them to be understands word clearly and directly. By contrast, high level students who can be easy to read difficult essays have large vocabulary and ability to distinguish words in contexts so that teachers can use implicit vocabulary teaching for them without having to explain words in a clear and direct way.
In reply to First post

by Hoàng Thị Phương Thuỷ 022 -
I believe that more emphasis should be given to explicit and implicit vocabulary learning at the beginning because it will help students to grasp all the meanings of word so they will be confident in using words or phrases in speaking and learning.
In reply to First post

by Ngo Van Hieu 085 -
shouldn't be ...to the beginers. They are for advanced level
In reply to First post

by Ha Thi Hai Van 070 -
I think that more emphasis should be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and for advance level, there should be a combination of the two methods: implicit and explicit. Because the the beginners are not able to inferring the meanings of word in context, and when they move to advanced level, it means they have a certain amount of vocabulary, they can comprehend the text and know the meaning of some difficult words in context.
In reply to First post

by Bùi Văn Như 035 -
In reply to First post

by Trinh Thi Hoa Lê 050 -
in my opinion we should emphasis be given to explicit at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels , learners can learn words naturally and easily.they can find the meaning of vocabulary through the context.they can get a large number of new words from paragraphs, essays, articles ,stories....
In reply to First post

by Lê Thị Thu 069 -
The emphasis should be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning levels and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels.
In reply to First post

by Bui Bich Dao 045 -
Learning of implicit vocabulary involves indirect while the explicit method involves direct ,so there is a good reason to believe that both implicit and explicit learning contributes to vocabulary development. Thus,vocabulary learning is most components of a languagewhich helps learners to understand the text and can express the meanings.
In reply to First post

by Đường Hải Dung 072 -
For me, we should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at te beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the beginning learners don't have many words to guess the context and they only learn simple words whlie at more advanced levels, they often learn vocabulary through a paragraph, an essay or context ... so they can find a lot of meaning of vacabulary there.
In reply to First post

by Vo Thi Thu Ha 074 -
for me, more emphisis should be given to explicit or implicit vocabulary learning both at the beginning level and At more advanced levels. because the must understand meanings clearly
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thảo 067 -
in my opinion,for the first beginning level ,more emphasis should be given to explicit or implicit vocabulary learning.Because,most beginners don't know many words,phrases,so they cant understand the meaning in context.
At more advanced levels,Learners can learn vocabulary easily
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Hoài Thu 078 -
I think that we should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level because the begining learners can understand vocabularies easier and more simply .At more advanced levels,they can learn complex and difficult words.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 091 -
I think at the beginning level, explicit vocabulary should be given because students at this level start learning English, so they should learn explicit words. At more advanced levels, implicit vocabulary should be given because they have already known a lot of words and they can understand the words through contexts.
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Thuy Dung 021 -
I think, at the beginning level, we should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning because at this level, they only learn simple words, they can understand the meaning of the words easily and clearly. whereas at more advanced levels, they usually learn more complex words so they should know about the meaning of vocabulary through the context.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Net 039 -
I sugg est that at the beginning level, explicit vocabulary should be given because students at this level start learning English, therefore, the sts should learn explicit words. At more advanced levels, implicit vocabulary should be given .
In reply to First post

by Thu Trang Hoang -
I 'd like to learn from you teachers.However, for vocabulary learning we should focus on Explicit firstly and then Implicit. I think it is a god way
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Trung Thành 036 -
Show parent
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Hoai 027 -
I think that we should emphasis be given to explicit at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the begining learners are at low level of English, so expliciting vocabulary will help them understand new words easily and learn words naturally. At more advanced levels, they can learn complex words in context and understand word phrases in context.
In reply to First post

by Trần Thi Phúc 081 -
For me, we should more emphrasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced level .For beginning laerners who are at low level of English ,this method will help them to understand new words easily, motivate them to learn and speak English. For more advanced level learnersn,they have learned English for a long time they have owned big vocabulary they can infer the meaning of the words thuogh the ccontext.
In reply to First post

by Mai Đinh -
I think it should be more inplicit vocabulary learning at begining and explicit at more advanced levels
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Huyen 095 -
In my view, we should emphasis to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level with a view to helping students get acquainted with words and excited to learn them. besides implicit vocabulary learning level should be emphasised on students who are at advanced levels because they can almost make out what teacher wants to say.therefore teaching and studying will become easier and easier.
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Thu Hà 032 -
In my opinion we should emphasis be given to explicit at the level and implict vocabulary learning at more advanced level.because this method can help students learn vocabulary effectively.
In reply to First post

by Phan Khac Dong 079 -
The mastery of reading comprehension skills is the key for students to get well with most content lessons.
In my opinion, Explicit vocabulary learning should be more emphasized at the beginning levels and Implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because low students can be easy to understand the content lessons.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Hải Hùng 058 -
We should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the beginning learners can learn words naturally and easily.Explicit learning is associated with learning vocabulary „out of context', e.g. from word lists. But it can also occur „in context', for example when we look up words in the dictionary while reading, or review new words in a text after reading and note down their meanings. But at more advance levels , they can learn vocabulary through a paragraph, an essay
In reply to First post

by Ho Thi Thang 034 -
For me , more emphasis should be given to explicit or implicit vocabulary learning both at the beginning level and at more advanced levels Because, the must understand meanings clearly
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Ky 083 -
ore emphasis be given to explicit at medium level to The first reason is the begining learners can learn words naturally and easily. They are attracted by images and videos they can find vocabulary and remember. At more advanced levels,
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Ky 083 -
from my point of view, Explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level Should more emphasis be given to explicit to motivate students to learn more, and get students interested in reading skills
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Mai 011 -
We should teach explicit vocabulary at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary at advanced level. Because explicit vocabularies are simple and easy that Ss can remember. With 2000-4000 vocabulary, Ss can understand 80% what the text is about. Whereas implicit vocabulary is difficult, SS have to guess the words in context. If they know explicit vocabulary, it is easier for Ss to guess the meaning of the words.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Chiên 012 -
In my opinion, we should more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at te beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the beginning learners don't have many words to guess the context and they only learn simple words whlie at more advanced levels, they often learn vocabulary through a paragraph, an essay or context ... so they can find a lot of meaning of vacabulary there.
In reply to First post

by Trương thị Hiền 002 -
At the beginning level we should more emphasis be given explict vocabulary because the beginning learners only learn the simple words . Whereas at more advanced levels they can learn complicated words from passages and guess the meaning of words through the context.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 026 -
For me, we should emphasis be given to explicit at the beginning level and implicit vocabulary learning at more advanced levels. Because the begining learners are at low level of English, so expliciting vocabulary will help them understand new words easily and learn words naturally. At more advanced levels, they can learn complex words in context and understand word phrases in context.
In reply to First post

by Trần Lệ Hà 057 -
I think more emphasis be given to explicit vocabulary learning at the beginning level because it is necessary for them to learn active words that help them understand the text and at more advanced levels should more emphasis be given to implicit vocabulary learning as they can understand the text by guessing the words in content
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thảo 067 -
I think,at the beginning,we should teach explicit ,easy and simple vocabulary for the students.in this way we can encourage and motivate sts to learn.it helps sts are interested in learning words.when sts are interested in learning language,we can expand knowledge at more advanced levels.
In reply to First post

by Lê Văn Thắng 088 -
ôi nghĩ cần chú trọng nhiều hơn đến việc học từ vựng rõ ràng ở cấp độ đầu bởi vì chúng cần phải học các từ chủ động để giúp chúng hiểu văn bản và ở các cấp cao hơn nên chú trọng nhiều hơn đến việc học từ vựng ngầm vì chúng có thể hiểu được văn bản. bằng cách đoán các từ trong nội dun
In reply to First post

by Ngô Thị Khánh Hòa 024 -