Video presentation: My favorite vocabulary activity

Number of replies: 126

Turn on your webcam and speak loudly and clearly to the microphone. Describe a vocabulary learning activity that you like. Your presentation should include the followings (less than 5 mins):

- What is the goal of the activity?

- What preparation is needed?

- How do you organise the activity?

- Have you ever tried the activity? What was the class like?

Put the name of the vocabulary learning acvitity as the name of the recording, e.g: ABC charts/ Bingo ect.

NB: Please dress formally and mind your background.

This activity is similar to our course wrap-up activity

In reply to First post

Teaching vocabulary about subjects at school

by Le Thi Ky 083 -

https://f6-zvc.zdn.vn/ade0972134b2ddec84a3/4853786447913594164

In reply to Le Thi Ky 083

Re: Teaching vocabulary about subjects at school

by Nguyen Thi Quyen 096 -
There are many ways of teaching vocabulary but I like most is using pictures or videos.

Firstly,i asks them to look at the picture or video.
And then I asks some questions relating to the new words
For example, what's this?
What can you see in the picture or video?
What is the girl eating?
Sts answer

Teacher writes The word(s) or phrases of words
on The board
And asks them to guess the meaning.

T reads First and asks them To repeat..
T calls on some sts to read loudly in front of the class
In reply to Le Thi Ky 083

Re: Teaching vocabulary about subjects at school

by Ngo Van Hieu 085 -
I prepare a variety of words that related to the topics that I want to teach.
- The steps for this activity:
+ First, I divide students into groups of 5
+ Second, I give each group a wide range of word that they need to act out.
+ Then I allow them a few minutes to plan how they will act out.
+Finally, I choose a group to perform their word in front of the class.
In reply to First post

Re: Video presentation: My favorite vocabulary activity

by Hoang Thi Lam 031 -
Chain Game:
- T divides class into some groups, each group has 8-10 students. Students make a circle for each group.
- The first student repeats whole sentecen from T
- The second student repeats the first student's sentence and add one more idea
- The third student repeats the first student's sentence , the second student's sentence and add one more idea
- Continute to the end student
For example:
*T: I have a ruler
*S1: I have a ruler and a pen
*S3: I have a ruler and a pen and pencil
*S4:.....
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Van 063 -
There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, etc. The way I am really interested in is teaching vocabulary with Charades.
- The purpose of this way is that it encourages students to work together and think of the action conveyed the meaning of the words, It also get the energy from students.
- I prepare a variety of words that related to the topics that I want to teach.
The first to guess the correct word gets a point.
- I have tried this activities many times, and I find that the class is more exciting and students can review the words easily.
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Van 063 -
In reply to First post

by Ngo Thi Hoai 009 -
https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=100001707855488&attachment_id=566124281191494&message_id=mid.%24cAABa83ZGDoCBo33H0F7cjcTr6yTW
In reply to First post

by Chu Sỹ Anh 028 -
I think that everybody has their own way to teach vocabulary. The aim to make students understand the meaning of the words.
I usually use the picture to teach the word.
I prepare a picture
I show the picture on the screen, and I ask students "What is it in the picture" the students answer.
I read the word first, students repeat and I write on the board and gets students to guess the meaning of the word.
I call on each one to read the word.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Khánh Hoà 047 -
As you know, There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, etc. But I am really interested in is teaching vocabulary with Charades.
- The purpose of this way is to facilitate the child's awareness of how emotion, identity and social situation can be conveyed through faces. for children to gain an understanding of the importance of these elements in social interactions.
- I write down down words on slips of paper for students to choose.
+ First, I divide students into two teams
+ Second, I give one person from each team choose a piece of paper and act out the word
+Finally, I choose a team to perform their word in front of the class. The team must guess the correct word before three minutes run out
For each correct word, that team receives a point
I always tried this activities many times, and I find that the class is more exciting and students can review the words easily
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Hoai 027 -
As you know, There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, ...
But i'm really interested in teaching vocabulary with using flashcards to play Guessing game.
First of all, I device class into 2 groups (named the two groups)
Secondly, I show the pictures and give them gess the words and the meaning.
Next, I give the comment and give them marks. Which group is faster, they give one mark. Which groups is slower, they loose their turn.
Then I write the words on the board, ask them repeat words (class, group, indivisual) and check their understanding after.
Finally, I and class make a total score for the 2 groups and tell them who's the winners and who's the losers.
I find that method make the class is more exciting and students can learn and remember the words easily
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 026 -
There are a lot of ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, ...
But I'm really interested in teaching vocabulary with using flashcards to play Guessing game.
Next, I give the comment and give them marks. Which group is faster, they give one mark. Which groups is slower, they loose their turn.
Then I write the words on the board, ask them repeat words (class, group, indivisual) and check their understanding after.
Finally, I and class make a total score for the 2 groups and tell them who's the winners and who's the losers.
I find that method make the class is more exciting and students can learn and remember the words easily
In reply to First post

by Đào Thị Hải 033 -
I think that everyone has their own way to teach vocabulary. The aim to make students understand the meaning of the words.
I prepare a picture
I show the picture on the screen, and I ask students "What is it in the picture" the students answer.
I read the word first, students repeat and I write on the board and gets students to guess the meaning of the word.
In reply to First post

by Ngo Thi Hoai 009 -
https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=100001707855488&attachment_id=532923274685061&message_id=mid.%24cAABa83ZGDoCBo33K8F7cjhhlz5yf
In reply to Ngo Thi Hoai 009

by Ông Thị Thúy Hiền 020 -
In reply to Ông Thị Thúy Hiền 020

As you know, there are many ways to teach vocabulary ,such as using rap,chardes, flashcard, word wall .But I'm interested in teaching vocabulary with using flashcard to younger learners is a study to investigate the influence using flashcard in teaching vocabulary to student of grade in elementary school. There are three steps.
-First, teacher gave petest to the student of primay school grade two as the dependent varial.
-Second teacher implicate the treament to the subjects.
-Final teacher gave subjects posttest
The result of the research show that there is an improvement in student's vocabulary mastery using flashcard
In reply to Ông Thị Thúy Hiền 020

As you know, there are many ways to teach vocabulary ,such as using rap,chardes, flashcard, word wall .But I'm interested in teaching vocabulary with using flashcard to younger learners is a study to investigate the influence using flashcard in teaching vocabulary to student of grade in elementary school. There are three steps.

-First, teacher gave petest to the student of primay school grade two as the dependent varial.
-Second teacher implicate the treament to the subjects.
-Final teacher gave subjects posttest
The result of the research show that there is an improvement in student's vocabulary mastery using flashcard

video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRgOWKvL9A0

In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Nguyệt 061 -
To check vocabulary after teacher presents all the newwords.
- let Students play the game: rub out and remember.
- Teacher write all the newwords on the board. TEACHER divides class into 2 teams, each team will have 3 students go to the board.
- Teacher reads the words in Vietnamese and students will slap on the newwords.
- The team has more right words which is winner.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Chiên 012 -
There are many ways to teach vocabulary such as: using painting, Jumbled word, chain game ...... But today, I want to mention using flash card to teach .ocabulary.
- The aim: to make students understand the meaning of the word.
- I prepare a picture (a cat)
- I show a picture on the screen and ask : What is it?
Student: raise their hand and answer : Con mèo
T: Yes, very good. A cat. T raise the picture and read " A cat".
T : Asks Students read again.
T: Write the word on the board. Asks students read whole class, group, and individual.
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị Thanh 016 -
I think that everyone has their own way to teach vocabulary. The aim is to make students understand the meaning of the words.
I prepare a picture
I show the picture and I ask students "What is it in the picture" the students answer.
I read the word first, students repeat and I write on the board.
In reply to First post

by Thu Trang Hoang -
https://quizlet.com/
- Using Flash card
- Revising vocab by listening and repeat
- Using pics to describe the words
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị May 014 -
SWAT GAME
This is an oldie, but a goodie! Keep it interesting by adding some new twists to a favorite vocabulary game.

SWAT Vocabulary Activity
All you need to do is write all of your vocabulary words on the board
Divide students into two teams, lined up facing the board. Give the first student in each line a flyswatter.
Read the definition of a vocabulary word out loud. The first student to swat the word on the board and gets a point for their team.
Play as long as you want. The team with the most points wins.
In reply to First post

by Ninh Thị Hạnh Phương 007 -
There are many ways to teach vocabulary for stdudent at Primary schoolI always teach vocabulary with different ways to make students focuson learning the subject.
I often use flashcards or pictures to teach vocabulary by these following steps.
-show picture for sts look.
-have students listen to the word and repeat twice.
-have students read chorus and then read individualy.Check pronunciation.
-show picture and aks " what is this in Vietnamese ?"
-divide class in two groups:
+ playing games such as :Slap the board , Rub out and remember ,what and wherre....
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Nguyệt 097 -
I think that everybody has their own way to teach vocabulary. The aim to make students understand the meaning of the words.
How to teach:
Introduce each new word one at a time. ...
Reflect. ...
Read the text you've chosen. ...
Ask students to repeat the word after you've read it in the text. ...
Use a quick, fun activity to reinforce each new word's meaning. ...
Play word games. ...
Challenge students to use new words.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thùy Dung 003 -
There are a lot of ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, ...
But I'm really interested in teaching vocabulary with using flashcards to play Guessing game.
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị Hồng Hong 010 -
To check vocabulary after the teacher presents all the new words.
- let Students play the game: Slap the board
- Teacher writes all the new words on the board. The teacher divides the class into 2 teams, each team will have 5 students go to the board.
- Teacher reads the words in English or Vietnamese and students will slap on the new words or the pictures.
- The team has more right words which are winners.
- Teacher gives a present to the winner
In reply to First post

by Thái Thị Hạnh 054 -
Using Flash card
- Revising vocab by listening and repeat
- Using pics to describe the words
In reply to First post

by ĐINH THỊ THU HIỀN 018 -
There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as jumbled Word, Word wall,flashcard, rap ,etc.The aim to make students understand the meaning of the Words. I often use flashcards to teach words.Most my students are at the beginning levels so pictures make them easier to remember. I show the Flashcard and ask students :"What is it?-students answer :It is a ...... I say the word first,students repeat twice.I write the word on the board and get them to guess the meaning of the word.Have students read again (class,group,individual). The method makes the class exciting and students are eager to study.
In reply to First post

by Lê Văn Thắng 088 -
I usually use action to present vocabulary
I prepare a picture
In reply to First post

by Chu Thị Thanh Thủy 037 -
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cRLhj_Pn1lAqHeGcdB3IgzoWihdHev48?usp=sharing
In reply to First post

by Minh VoThiHong -
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Bích Phương 030 -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vXIZTX3Iq1pgeT7q9pOZevmBO9bTvLXG/view?usp=sharing
In reply to First post

by NGUYỄN THỊ MINH HẢI 017 -
There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, ...
Firstly, I device class into 2 teams (named the two teams)
Next, I give the comment and give them marks. the faster team will get one mark. the slower one will loose the turn.
Then I write the words on the board, ask them repeat words (class, group, indivisual) and then check their understanding .
Finally, I and class make a total score for the 2 teams to find out the winner.
I find that method make the class more exciting and students can learn and remember the words easily
In reply to First post

by Xa Thi Xuan 100 -
In reply to First post

by Trần thị hoà 019 -
The aim of teaching vocabulary is to make students understand and remember the meaning of the words .The way I am fond of teaching vocabulary with realia:
Show the student a collection of real items (realia) on a tray, such as a pen, a pair of glasses, a book, a bag, etc.
Ask the student what each item on the tray is. Practice the pronunciation and ask follow-up questions (what is it ?)
After I’ve reviewed the tray of items with the student and discussed them.
If the student cannot understand what’s missing, provide a clue (for example: “You put these on to help you see better.”)
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thị Hong Tam 082 -
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=125747016456083&id=100070623555538
In reply to First post

by Lê Thị Giang 006 -
https://f6-zvc.zdn.vn/ade0972134bddec84a3/4853786447913594164
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Ngoc Nhung 004 -
As you know, There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, etc. But I am really interested in is teaching vocabulary with Charades.
- The purpose of this way is to facilitate the child's awareness of how emotion, identity and social situation can be conveyed through faces. for children to gain an understanding of the importance of these elements in social interactions.
+ Second, I give one person from each team choose a piece of paper and act out the word
+Finally, I choose a team to perform their word in front of the class. The team must guess the correct word before three minutes run out
I always tried this activities many times, and I find that the class is more exciting and students can review the words easily
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Hai Yen 068 -
Jumbled words:
Teaching aim: To get students to practice spelling new words.
1. The teacher writes 5 or 6 words with jumbled letters on the board and tells the students what topic is.
2. Students write the words correctly in their books
3. Students come to the board to write the correct words there to see if everyone agrees.

I have tried this activity many times and the class is so excited and competitive to find out the correct word
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn văn Thành 089 -
here are a lot of ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, ...
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn văn Thành 089 -
There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, etc. The way I am really interested in is teaching vocabulary with Charades.
- The purpose of this way is that it encourages students to work together and think of the action conveyed the meaning of the words, It also get the energy from students.
In reply to First post

by Bùi Văn Như 035 -
In reply to First post

by nguyễn thị thanh Loan 029 -
for stdudent at Primary schoolI ,I always teach vocabulary with different ways to make students focus on learning the subject.
I use flashcards or pictures to teach vocabulary by these following steps.
-show picture for sts look.
-have students listen to the word and repeat twice.
-have students read chorus and then read individualy.Check pronunciation.
-show picture and aks " what is this in Vietnamese ?"
-divide class in two groups:
+ playing games such as :Slap the board , Rub out and remember ,what and wherre....
In reply to nguyễn thị thanh Loan 029

by Nguyễn Thị Thảo 067 -
teaching vocabulary is neccessary in teaching foreign languages, it helps sts guess and understand the meaning of the sentences or the context. there are many ways of teaching vocabulary i use during my teaching such as using pictures, games... but my favorite vocabulary activity is slap the board
first, I divide class into 2 team,I write the vietnamese wors/ or english words on the circles on the board.then each member from 2 team go to the board.when the teacher read the english words the sts have to slap the vietnamese words.If who is slap quickly and first he/she will get one mark for thier team. take turn when time is up
In reply to First post

by Trinh Thi Hoa Lê 050 -
I hand out the picture or play the video
First of all I ask them to look at the picture or video and ask them some qs :What can you see in the picture or video ?
Who is it?/What is it ?...
Secondly let sts guess the meanging words.T read the words then ask them read up to teacher
Next.let sts work in group write the sentences about he words.Then t call some group to perform their words in front of the class.The other group correct.
Finaly teacher correct the words and the sentences.
In reply to First post

by Bui Bich Dao 045 -
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Hoai Thanh 064 -
There are many ways to teach vocabulary such as: using painting, Jumbled word, chain game ...... But today, I want to mention the way Iusually use to teach vocabulary for my students is using flash card.
- The aim: to make students easily understand and remember the meaning of the word.
- I prepare a picture (a card)
- I show a picture and ask students to give out what can they see on the picture by using the question " what is this in the picture
-I read the word and ask student repeat follow me
-calls on some sts to read loudly in front of the class
In reply to First post

by Trịnh Thị Mai Dung 042 -
There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using charades, rap, word wall.... But I am really interested in teaching vocabulary with charades.
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Nguyệt 097 -
Have you tried these practical activities to help students with vocabulary learning? There's something for all ages and levels.I think that everybody has their own way to teach vocabulary. The aim to make students understand the meaning of the words.
Spot the vocabulary
Collocation pelmanism
Quick revision games
Word association recitation
The revision box
The comparison game
Stop the bus
Adopt a word
Lexical threads
The memory game
Making it up - Phrasal verb stories
Word grid
Poetic introductions / Picture game
Snake-word
Definitions - Get rid of it
Word guessing games
Wall dictionary
Same, opposite or different dictation
Vocabulary box
Hot seat
Vocabulary phonemic revision activity
Vocabulary self-study activities
In reply to First post

by Dao Thi Ngoc Thuy 066 -
the vocabulary learning activity I usualy use in the class is wordsquare. this activities help students learn words in English . First I prepare a words square that they have learned, 2 different color pens for 2 teams , I devide class into 2 teams and the game is played within 5-7 minutes. To start the game, I show the wordsquare on the blackboard , Students run to it and circle the right word in English by different color pen. when the time is off, I together with my students find the winner. All of us are fun and my students enjoy this activity
In reply to First post

by Thu Trang Hoang -

In reply to First post

by Phan Khac Dong 079 -
There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, etc. and this is one of them.
• Make a list of 10 to 12 words that will be found in the reading and go over these verbally with students prior to starting the lesson.
• Ask students if any of them know the meaning of each word. Give them time to discuss words and guess the meanings if they’re not sure. (It’s a good idea to have two or three words that students already know, as this gives them familiar ground to stand on).
• As students call out the definitions they know, write these on the board, but leave a blank space next to those that are not known.
• Try to teach these words by drawing a simple picture or acting the word out.
• Let students know that they’ll be able to figure out the meaning when they’ve read the text, and remind them that you will make sure everyone will understand the vocabulary by the time the lesson is over.
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Thu Hà 032 -
There are many way to teach vocabulary
Such as using pictures,rap,charades,etc
I often use flashcards to teach words.
I show the flashcard and ask students : What' s this ?
All student can listen
The student can answer : It is a ..... I say words first
Ask students repeat twice , then I write the words on the board , and get them to guess the meaning of the words .Ask student read again ( groups , individual)
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Ky 083 -
teaching vocabulary activity is to motivate students to developing reading skills. We need to prepare a lot of things such as posters, boards, labels...this activity must be done before teaching skills. i always do this activity and the students quite like it
In reply to First post

by Ho Thi Thang 034 -
I thinnk everybody has their own way to teach vocabulary . The aim to make students understand the meaning of the words
I often use the picture to teach the word
I prepare a picture , show the picture on the screen and i ask students .What is it in the picture ? The students answer
I read the word first ,students repeat and I write on the board and gets students to guess the meaning of the word
I call each one to read the word.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Huyen 095 -
Clearly, there are many ways to teach as well as check vocabulary such as using real objects, or picture and so on. however, i actually save my interest for using pictures to play guessing game.
To start the game, I will give students the rule of the game:
Initially, I divide the class into 2 groups (TOM AND JERRY)
next, I'll show the colourful pictures in turn and ask students to guess the words. With one right word, they will get one mark
I let students have chance to guess the words, which group has more rigth answers as well as marks will be winner.
After that, I write the words on the black board and read bedore asking them to repeat in chorus or individually.
I give feedback if has and ask students to copy down into their notebooks
In reply to First post

As you know, There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using the game, chant, word wall, ...
But I'm really interested in teaching vocabulary by using flashcards to play the Guessing games.
Secondly, I show the pictures and give them a guess of the words and their meaning.
Next, I give the comment and give them marks. Which group is faster, they get one mark or star. Which groups are slower, they lose their turn.
Then I write the words on the board, ask them to repeat words (class, group, individual), and check their understanding after.
In reply to First post

As you know, There are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using the game, chant, word wall, ...
But I'm really interested in teaching vocabulary by using flashcards to play the Guessing games.
Secondly, I show the pictures and give them a guess of the words and their meaning.
Next, I give the comment and give them marks. Which group is faster, they give one mark or star. Which groups are slower, they lose their turn.
Then I write the words on the board, ask them to repeat words (class, group, individual), and check their understanding after.
In reply to First post

by Lê Văn Thắng 088 -
think that everybody has their own way to teach vocabulary. The aim to make students understand the meaning of the words.
I prepare a picture
In reply to First post

Next, I give the comment and give them marks. Which group is faster, they get one mark or star. Which groups are slower, they lose their turn.
In reply to First post

by Đào Thị Hải 033 -
In reply to First post

by Đào Thị Hải 033 -

In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 026 -
- I have tried this activities many times, and I find that the class is more exciting and students can review the words easily.
In reply to First post

by Trần Lệ Hà 057 -
My favourite vocabulary activity is using pictures or real objects. The goal of this activity is to attract Ss to the words and it is easier for them to remember. I should prepare the pictures or real objects about the words I want to teach.
Firstly, Teacher shows the picture or real object
Secondly, T asks Ss: What is it? or what can you see in the picture?
Then, Introduce the meaning, pronunciation and stress of the word
next, Have Ss listen and repeat the word
I often use this technique because it is useful and effective.
In reply to First post

by Vo Thi Thu Ha 074 -
teaching vocabulary I am really interested in is teaching vocabulary with Charades.
+ First, I divide students into groups of 3-6
In reply to First post

by Hồ Thị Thương 051 -
here are many ways to teach vocabulary, such as using Charades, rap, word wall, etc. The way I am really interested in is teaching vocabulary with Charades.
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Bích Liên 071 -