Teacher talk vs. Student talk

Number of replies: 104
In your opinion and based on your experience, what is the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom?
In reply to First post

Re: Teacher talk vs. Student talk

by Nguyễn Thị Hạnh 040 -
Create a safe environment. Create a safe and supportive environment where students feel comfortable to open up and express their thoughts and ideas. ...
More teamwork. ...
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Thu Thanh 065 -
In my opinion,to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to Tran Thi Thu Thanh 065

by Ông Thị Thúy Hiền 020 -
I think that teacher talk and student is an important concept for teachers to be cognizant of. In a perfect classroom , students are and engaged in meaningful ,discussions , conversations and question answering .
In reply to Tran Thi Thu Thanh 065

by Minh VoThiHong -
I think that,the relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is very important. Create a close relationship so that students can communicate with teachers freely without fear
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Net 039 -
I think that the teacher should create a friendly environmentin class.,So the teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hồng 041 -
Create a safe environment. Create a safe and supportive environment where students feel comfortable to open up and express their thoughts and ideas. ...
More teamwork. ...
In reply to First post

by Ngo Thi Hoai 009 -
In my opinion, T should create the interest in topic to students. T also create a safe and friendly relationship between T and Ss.
In reply to First post

by Chu Sỹ Anh 028 -
In my opinion. the relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is very important. Create a close relationship so that students can communicate with teachers freely without fear
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Van 063 -
For me, to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge. And this way also helps students be confident to expess their ideas.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Hoai 060 -
n my opinion,to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Lương Thị Lê 053 -
I think the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is relationship between teacher and students. Teacher should creative a friendly and comfortable environment class.
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Bích Liên 071 -
in my opinion this thing has effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Tran Thi Loc 093 -
In my opinion and based on my experience, the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is relationship between teacher and students and teacher should create a friendly and comfortable environment class. T should motivate students.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Khánh Hoà 047 -
In my opinion ,to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class, to quantify the interactions started by the teacher and the students during the English lesson , to identify the use of the classroom discourse by the teacher of English during the lessons and to establish the coherence between the statements of the teacher about the classroom discourse and the actual performance of the lesson
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Chiên 012 -
I think that the teacher should have a friendly and safe environment in class. Teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge.
In reply to First post

by Ho Thi Thang 034 -
I think t should create the enterest in topic to students and a safe and friendly relationship between teacher and students
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Hoà 038 -
In my opinion,to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Hoai 027 -
In my opinion, In order to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge. And this way also helps students be confident to expess their ideas.
In reply to First post

by Trịnh Thị Mai Dung 042 -
In my opinion, It is to create a comfortable environment where students can express their thoughts on what they think. From that they can share more about their attitide...
In reply to First post

by Hoang Thi Lam 031 -
A teacher who always has the strongest impressions to the students. Many people agree that creating warm, friendly and cozy relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is the most effective. Based on my experience , I tottaly love this idea because of these reasons below.
Firstly, If students fell care about them, they are more likely to engage, work hard, and of course they will cooperate. The opposite is also true, when students lack strong, supportive relation ship with their teachers , it impacts their academic achievemet, increase their likelihood to engage in disruptive behavior, and even factors into their decisions to drop out.
Secondly, building strong relationship with between teachers and students is more important then ever after a year when we have all felt disconnected and have been physically distant from one onother. So let be mindful of how you talk to students, especially in front of their peers. Besides, say hello and goodbye to each student everyday, and remember that listen to your students and ask them questions to show you are interested in them.
Finally, getting to know students' families and encouraging effective communication can be particularly helpful with students. When you are in close communication with students' families you can contact and talk free to your students.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Nguyệt 061 -
In my opinion, the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is creating an friendly environment in the class. By this way, students can be confident and comfortable to present their opinions and ideas.
In reply to First post

by Đoàn Công Lý 090 -
- provide ss a friendly and comfortable learning environment, here teacher works as a "partner/friend" so that ss feel self confident to participate/share/..
In reply to First post

by Chu Thị Thanh Thủy 037 -
In my opinion, the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is creating a friendly environment in class. That makes ss feel comfortable and confident to express their ideas
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Lữ 001 -
I think t should create the enterest in topic to students and a safe and friendly relationship between teacher and students
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị Thanh 016 -
in my opinion, this thing has an effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environment in class. In this way, teachers and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Pham Thi Huong Sen 073 -
In my opinion, the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is a friendly and comfortable learning environment where teacher and student are free to present and exchange their own opinion as well as knowledge.
In reply to First post

by Thái Thị Hạnh 054 -
In my opinion,to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge.
In reply to First post

by Bui Bich Dao 045 -
create a close, friendly and comfortable environment class. We need to be clear the kind of speaking activities.
In reply to First post

by Trần thị bích liên 013 -
Teacher should create comfotable atmostpher in class to help students confident to talk.teacher also give some situations and tools to make students improve their mind.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thùy Dung 003 -
in my opinion, teacher talk and student is an effectively important concept for teachers to be cognizant of. In a perfect classroom , students are and engaged in meaningful ,discussions , conversations and question answering .
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 099 -
Teacher should create fun asmostphere in the class, all the activities that teacher organizes need to be clear.
In reply to First post

by Đào Thị Hải 033 -
I think that the teacher should create a friendly environmentin class.,So the teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hải 087 -
I think ,to get the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom, teacher always plays an important role. Firstly,Teacher need make classroom become a safe place to help build students' confidence in every speaking activity. secondly, students should be encouraged to take risk and speak in classroom by the teacher. and a good speaking test should help students feel at ease.
In reply to First post

by nguyễn thị thanh Loan 029 -
I think that the teacher should create a friendly class and give them interesting topics ,So the teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Lê Văn Thắng 088 -
I think that the teacher should create a friendly environment in class.,So the teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by NGUYỄN THỊ MINH HẢI 017 -
In my opinion, the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is creating a friendly environment in class. That makes ss feel comfortable and confident to express their ideas
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 026 -
In reply to First post

by Minh VoThiHong -
For me, this thing has effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Trần thị hoà 019 -
In my opinion,the teachers should encourage and create an environment where both them and student can interact with each other in an L2 only.
In reply to First post

by Trần thị hoà 019 -
In my opinion,the teachers should encourage and create an environment where both them and student can interact with each other in L2 only.
In reply to First post

by ĐINH THỊ THU HIỀN 018 -
I think teacher should create a friendly and comfortable environment in class.By this way,students will be confident to express their opinions.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thảo 067 -
i think the teacher should create a friendly environment in class.they should encourage students express their feeling and make them feel confident .
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Ngoc Nhung 004 -
in my opinion,to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Ngo Van Hieu 085 -
Teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge.
In reply to First post

by Trần Chí Hoàng 077 -
In my opinion the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in the L2 classroom is to create a close, friendly learning environment to help teachers and students close distance.
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị Hồng Hong 010 -
In my opinion, to have an effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teachers should create a friendly environment class. In this way, teachers and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge.
In reply to Đinh Thị Hồng Hong 010

by Trần Quốc Nhâm 052 -
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Hồng Thuý 005 -
In my opinion, teacher should create a friendly and happy environment class to students feel comfortable to learn. By this way, students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge.
In reply to First post

by Bùi Văn Như 035 -
The teacher should create a friendly environmentin class.,So the teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Bích Phương 030 -
In an L2 classroom, it is crucial to have an interactive relationship between the teachers and their students such as "asking and answering" tasks, a discussion, or tasks of giving opinion . The interaction will have students become more confident and motivated in the lesson and the teacher will have more chances to evaluate their performance through their language skills and language acquisition. However, Students shouldn't speak without permission in class, which makes the class out of control.
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Thuy Dung 021 -
I think it's essential for creating a friendly enviroment between teachers talk and students talk in an L2 classroom. It makes students to be confident to express and share their own ideas.
In reply to First post

by Ha Thi Hai Van 070 -
i think it is classroom interaction. In an L2 classroom,learners should actively participate on the activities using the target language as much as possible so as to enhance the learning process.
In reply to First post

by Bui Bich Dao 045 -
quantify the interactions started by the teacher and students during the lesson,identify the use of classroom discourse by the teacher, establish the coherence between the statements of the teacher about her classroom discourse and the actual performance of her lesson
In reply to First post

by Đường Hải Dung 072 -
For me, the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroomis to help learners feel confident and excited; reate friendly environment in the classroom, this makes the lesson easier .
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Hoai Thanh 064 -
In my opinion, the most effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environment in class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Đinh Thị May 014 -
i think create a safe and supportive environment where students feel comfortable to open up and express their thoughts and ideas. they can use English everywhere with their friends, i can go aroud classroom to listend and positive feedback for students.
In reply to First post

by Phan Khac Dong 079 -
Quality teacher talk, explaining concepts to students, is important and for students to make the knowledge their own, student talk is critical. It’s a balance. Teachers need to hear student talk in order to assess student understanding.
In reply to First post

by Phan Thi Trang 023 -
In my opinion, teacher talk and student talk have a closed relationship in an L2 classroom. The effectiveness of teaching has to base on the interaction of teacher and students.
It means they need to communicate a lots in the class especially in learning language class. For example, teacher’s questions are varied in form but consistently contingent on and responsive to students’ talk contributions, even though in one lesson students struggle to make sense of surface meaning in the focal text and in the other lesson, students easily relate to the focal text. This teacher’s willingness to listen, and wield questioning to follow and selectively support student ideas, purposes, and lines of reasoning, supports dialogic talk for thinking and learning. Student talk for thinking and learning is present, but looks different, in both lessons. And the quality teacher talk, explaining concepts to students, is important and for students to make the knowledge their own, student talk is critical. It’s a balance. Teachers need to hear student talk in order to assess student understanding.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thị Hong Tam 082 -
I think it makes teacher and students feel comfortable and easy to share their opinions as well as their knowledge about topics relating to the lessons. Students are easy to take part in the activities teacher designs, which leads to effectiveness in teaching and learning.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Thu Hien 080 -
in my opinion , the most efective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create friendly environment in class. I helps Ss more self - confidence to talk
In reply to First post

by Đặng Thị Thủy 076 -
In my opinion, I think it makes teacher and students feel comfortable and easy to share their opinions as well as their knowledge about topics relating to the lessons.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn văn Thành 089 -
think t should create the enterest in topic to students and a safe and friendly relationship between teacher and students
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 091 -
For me, the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk is that teacher should create a friendly, safe environment in which students feel free to express their ideas.
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Hai Yen 068 -
In my view, teacher talk will encourage students to interact, which means the bilateral relationship can be established and strengthened. Teachers give directions for learners to have a verbal interaction more effectively.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Trung Thành 036 -
I think that teacher talk and student is an important concept for teachers to be cognizant of. In a perfect classroom , students are and engaged in meaningful ,discussions , conversations and question answering .
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Hoài Thu 078 -
In my opinion and based on my experience ,the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is a friendly and comfortable environment in class.Teacher and student will feel easy to express opinion that they want to talk
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Huệ 098 -
The most effective relationship between teachers and students in the classroom are Communicative language teaching approach and cooperative learning strategy to improve learning.
In reply to First post

by Mai Đinh -
I think teacher talk and student implicit the answers
In reply to First post

by Lê Thị Thu 069 -
The most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is that it helps teachers to transmit knowledge, students can absorb them and complete all the tasks quickly and effectively. In addition, it can create an ideal learning environment for students with a balance between teacher talk - student talk and still ensuring a learner-centered learning approach.
In reply to First post

by Vo Thi Thu Ha 074 -
to me, there is a friendly class and an interesting topic. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Thu Trang Hoang -
It does not create a real communication( situation). However, It helps students to respond English language naturally , and English speaking in English classes give students habits of using English
In reply to First post

by Lê Văn Thắng 088 -
n my opinion,to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Hoang Van Quy 049 -
In my opinion, the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is a friendly and comfortable environment.
In reply to First post

by Ngo Van Hieu 085 -
In my opinion, T should create the interest in topic to students. T also create a safe and friendly relationship between teacher and students
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thuỷ 086 -
I think to be a participant is the most effective relationship between the two. This create a safe and natural atmosphere and motivate students' participation. In this case, the command of language of the two develop naturally.
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Hải Hùng 058 -
In my opinion. the relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is very important. Create a close relationship so that students can communicate with teachers freely without fear.
By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Hoàng Thị Phương Thuỷ 022 -
From my viewpoint, I assume that the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk is to become friends. What I mean is that there's no barriers between students and teacher. Students are no longer afraid of talking with their teachers, they feel free to share their stories. As a result, students will able to improve their English especially speaking skill and they will make questions if necessary to solve related problems.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thị Hong Tam 082 -
Create a friendly enviroment where students can share their ideas, thought, feeling comfortably. This will motivate students alots in improve their skills and knowledge in English.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Quyen 096 -
I think teacher should create a friendly environment for sts to study. Sts feel comfortable when they give their opinions, discuss with their partners speak naturally
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Ky 083 -
From my point of view to have effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom first of all, teachers should create a friendly environment in class. secondly, teachers may let ss act naturally. last but not least, Teachers should encourage Ss not to worry about making mistakes when they want to talk something
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Huyen 095 -
in my view, it is the teacher that plays an important role in creating friendly and comfortable environment with well-prepared lessons. from that students will have the best result.
In reply to First post

by Le Thi Ky 083 -
It is evident that the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is teacher should create a cosy and comfortable between teacher and students. Teacher should let students act naturally. say what they think
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Thu Hà 032 -
I think the most effective relationship beetween teacher and student talk in L 2. Help teacher to transmit information.Students can understand and use quickly and effectively.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Mai 011 -
During the lesson, the teacher should use short and simple instructions and create environment for students to talk.
The time of teacher and student talk changes during the lesson. It's better that in the presentation teacher talking time is much more than student talking time, because it's language input including new information. But in practice or production stage, Ss have to talk more to raise their voices and talk about their ideas.
In reply to First post

by Trần Thi Phúc 081 -
It is teachers and students are able to connect with each other , create a good classroom invironment and encuorage learners ' confidence.
In reply to First post

by Trần Lệ Hà 057 -
The most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk is creating interaction between teacher and students. Students have chance to improve their speaking skill.
In reply to First post

by Lê Thị Giang 006 -
In my opinion, the most effective relationship is between teacher talk and student in an L2 classroom is important. The teacher should create a friendly enviroment for student.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Van 026 -
In my opinion, the most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk in an L2 classroom is a friendly and comfortable learning environment where teacher and student are free to present and exchange their own opinion as well as knowledge.
In reply to First post

by Nguyen Thi Thuy 084 -
For me, the most effective relationship beetween teacher and student talk in L 2. Help teacher to transmit information.Students can understand and use quickly and effectively.
In reply to First post

by Dao Thi Ngoc Thuy 066 -
In an l2 classroom, the most effective ralationship between teacher talk and student talk is that the environment of learning, the elicit of teacher about the topic relates to the talk
In reply to First post

by Nguyễn Thị Thảo 067 -
In my opinion,the relationship between teacher and sts in class plays an important part in teaching process.it can create a friendly environment and help sts and teacher can express themselves to understand each other better.
In reply to First post

by Chu Sỹ Anh 028 -
Teacher should create a close atmosphere. Teacher always smile at students and doesn't bully students, always encourages students to participate in all activities.
In reply to First post

by Ngô Thị Khánh Hòa 024 -
In my opinion, T should create the interest in topic to students. T also create a safe and friendly relationship between T and Ss.
In reply to First post

by Trương thị Hiền 002 -
More teamwork. ...
In reply to First post

by Trương thị Hiền 002 -
More teamwork. ...
In reply to First post

by Vi Thị Lương 062 -
Theo tôi, để có mối quan hệ hiệu quả giữa cuộc nói chuyện giữa giáo viên và học sinh trong lớp học L2 thì giáo viên nên tạo ra một môi trường thân thiện trong lớp học. Bằng cách này, giáo viên và học sinh dễ dàng phát biểu ý kiến ​​cũng như kiến ​​thức của mình.
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Thanh Sương 075 -
teacher questioning influence student talk and learning across these two lessons through close discourse analysis of representative classroom talk excerpts.teacher’s questions are varied in form but consistently contingent on and responsive to students’ talk contributions, even though in one lesson students struggle to make sense of surface meaning in the focal text and in the other lesson, students easily relate to the focal text. This teacher’s willingness to listen, and wield
questioning to follow and selectively support student ideas, purposes, and lines of
reasoning, supports dialogic talk for thinking and learning. Student talk for thinking
and learning is present, but looks different, in both lessons.
In reply to First post

by Phạm Thị Nguyệt 097 -
from my view, this thing has effective relationship between teacher and student talk in an L2 classroom is that teacher should create a friendly environmentin class. By this way, teacher and students are easy to express their own opinion as well as knowledge
In reply to First post

by Trần Thị Bích Liên 071 -
The most effective relationship between teacher talk and student talk is creating interaction between teacher and students. Students have chance to improve their speaking skill.